Western International Gas & Cylinders, Inc. is seeking a qualified plant manager in Bellville, Texas. The plant manager is responsible to manage an industry leading, state of the art industrial gas facility serving a large customer base throughout the southern United States. Western offers competitive compensation and a full suite of benefits.
The plant manager is responsible for all manufacturing and production related operations. This individual plans, organizes, leads and controls the plant to achieve established goals. The plant manager is the onsite champion of our corporate culture leading our team to achieve a safe and efficient working environment that is in harmony with our mission, vision, and values.
The Plant Manager will:
- Ensure a safe working environment by following all governmental regulations, company safety procedures and be accountable to meet business safety plans and expectations
- Drive Health, Safety, and Environmental Performance by working to achieve "Zero Accidents”
- Develop appropriate plans and procedures in support of all business strategies by ensuring alignment with corporate goals, personnel, business plans and other company wide policies
- Model exemplary safety behavior
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the business environment and customer base
- Provide input on the strategic plan for the business and implement those plans for the location
- Monitor and manage production supervisors, efficiencies, and costs
- Actively participate in our Continuous Improvement Program developing plans for the elimination of non-value added costs and aggressively pursuing continuous process improvement through Lean Manufacturing methods
- Monitor production processes to ensure that the QA functions, SOP’s, and production practices are maintained at their highest level of capability to reduce liability and to ensure customer satisfaction and on time deliveries
- Investigate incidents and ensure corrective actions are complete
- Work effectively with logistics team to ensure on time deliveries
- Ensure that housekeeping is maintained at a high level to ensure safety and to maintain our facility as a “showplace” for our customers
- Develop long and short term plans for improving safety, reliability and efficiency
- Develop and lead our team in a manner consistent with our mission, vision, and values
- Implement individual development plans annually and provides training and coaching to improve performance
- Develop and submit succession plans for salaried positions
- Provide constructive input on management decisions and actively support those decisions
- Instill a culture of strict adherence to operational policies and procedures
- Identify and implement opportunities to reduce costs within delegated authorization
- Participate in the capital improvement plan for reliability, growth, safety, environmental compliance, and efficiency
- 5-10 years of operational experience with a proven ability to manage multiple departments and personnel, both direct and indirect reports
- Effective written and verbal communication skills strong computer proficiency (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Databases, etc.)
- Excellent communication, leadership, and motivational skills.
- General understanding of accounting principles and working knowledge of plant operating budget
- Ability to understand regulatory requirements for operating plants, including PSM, PHA, MOC, OSHA regulations, EPA regulations, EEOC guidelines, state and local requirements.
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers providing world class service and technical information as required
- Solid foundation in engineering/technical fundamentals and processes
- Organized and effective at time management
- Mechanical and electrical aptitude preferred but not required for equipment operation and troubleshooting
- Knowledgeable in general maintenance management processes
- A degree preferred by not required
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply!